[K-Trend X] Dancing Pharmacist: Korea did it again!

Sang Park 11/26/2015 14:58 Read : 4,402

Go Toe is popular personality on Youtube and Facebook. Five hundred thousand people subscribe and follow him on the internet. He has a day job as a pharmacist, but he moonlights as an internet star on the web. His videos are around one minute long and he dances to K-pop music in his room.

Here is a Youtube Video of Go Toe Gyeong

-Short Interview with Toe Gyeong Go

Q. Please introduce yourself.

A. Hello, my name is Toe-kyung Go, and I upload funny videos via YouTube and Facebook to entertain people. 

Q. You were originally a pharmacist. What was your motivation to start videography and dancing? 

A. I don’t really enjoy the outdoors so I usually tend to stay home during my leisure time. And I also really like music (both listening and singing). So as I stayed home listening to music, I began to wonder if I could combine the two things to make something interesting. As a result, I began to record videos using music. 

Q. Did you expect to become such a hit? How in your daily life do you experience your popularity?

A. I began to create videos only as a hobby so I did not expect my videos to get this much reaction from people. Recently, when people recognize me on the street, I realize the power of the internet.

Q. You only use the intro to songs instead of the whole song, why is that?

A. In my videos, I have about 2-3 motions per second and if I were dance to the entire song, it would take too long to create the video. Also, there are other practical problems and the trend nowadays are that people tend to like videos that are short and impactful. If the video gets too long, people might think it is tedious.

Q. Do you feel any pressure from having over three hundred eighty thousand subscribers waiting for your videos?

A. I actually don’t feel pressured at all. Because videography is my hobby, even if I come home and work on creating videos all day long I don’t feel burdened or stressed at all. Though sometimes, when I want to create videos but don’t have any ideas, I experience the pain of creativity. 

Q. You tend to upload videos more often than other personal media producers, how long does it take to manufacture one video?

A. Honestly, 80% of the videos I make are set-up situations so it doesn’t take long to record and edit. The longest it took was about 2 hours long. But it does take a while to think of situations to incorporate in the video. Each video requires a different amount of time to create, so I can’t predicate the exact time of producing a video. Whenever I’m home, I’m always focused on creating videos – that’s why I tend to upload videos so often.

Q. Which Youtuber do you personally enjoy watching?

A. When I first started to upload videos, I watched most of the active users on Vine to find inspiration. But nowadays, I rarely watch other videos because of lack of free time and also I have quite a distinctive style, so I would say that my videos are my favorite. As an exception, I really enjoy watching “Eh bee Family.” 

Q. What are your plans as a personal media producer? 

A. I would continue to create videos as I have been doing. As a personal goal, I would like to star in a music video as a main character, or be in a movie. I was taught to be ambitious! 

Q. Lastly, would you say a word to Korean American viewers in Seattle watching your videos and also others?

A. I will do my best to up my reputation as a Korean. Also, I hope that many people will find happiness and entertainment in watching my videos. Thank you!!!!!

238 Articles Found /13 Page

Copyright © HHB Media LLC All rights reserved.