Seattle Korean Woman Won Cooking Competition and Got 3 Million Dollars Prize

NaYoung Kim 10/12/2015 21:24 Read : 2,019

Alice Currah  won the competition with pork fried rice in NBC ‘Food Fighter’

A Seattle Korean amateur cook who has her own blog won the cooking competition and got the 3 million dollars prize. The winner is Alice Currah, who lives in the Lake Forest Park, which is north of Seattle. Currah was on the famous NBC cooking competition program called ‘Food Fighter.’ This program was broadcasted in the Seattle area on King-5 TV.

In her first attempts, Currah defeated two prominent chefs, but on the third competition, she won one million and five thousand dollars prize with ‘pumpkin pie wonton’.

On the last competition, she competed against Marshall Bigneron who is from Bainbridge Island, and she had to choose ingredients by herself and then cook in 20 minutes. Currah added kimchi and gochujang, seasoning with garlic and ginger, and then mixed with pork and completed Korean traditional pork fried rice. Her pork fried rice won the final competition, earning her the 3 million dollars prize.

When Currah won the competition, she put her two hands up and said with a cheerful voice, “I am going to visit Korea with my 72 year-old mother to meet my relatives with this prize.” Currah’s mother, husband, and her three sons and daughters were sitting on the audience set, and when Currah won, they stood up and cheered out for joy.

Currah moved to the United States with her family when she was a teenager, and she grew up in North Seattle. She graduated from Mount Lake Terrace High school in 1993. She has been cooking since she was young with her six siblings without any special recipe. She ran the C&C travel agency in Northgate Mall in the past, and currently she has her own cooking blog.

Her cooking blog (http://savorysweetlife.com/) is so famous it was listed by Forbes in its ‘Eight cooking blogs in America.’

11 Articles Found /1 Page

Meat-Lovers Paradise!
   11/17/2016  

Copyright © HHB Media LLC All rights reserved.