Lynnwood · Tacoma · Portland Theaters Decided to Extend Run of “Ode to My Father”

brumegarcon 02/16/2015 12:43 Read : 1,681

Surpassed 12 Million Ticket Sales in Korea

The movie ‘Ode to My Father’ which surpassed 12 million ticket sales in Korea has exceeded 10,000 viewers in the western United States.

The film’s distributor CJ Entertainment America announced that the film attracted about 10,000 moviegoers in four theaters as of January 28th.

Alderwood Mall AMC Theater in Lynnwood, Washington and Cinemark Century 16 Eastport Theater in Portland, Oregon, which started screening in January 9th, decided to continue running the film for four more weeks until February 5th.

Regal Lakewood Cinema in Lakewood, Washington started showings of the film January 16th and decided to screen it for three additional weeks.

Director Youn Je-kyoun’s ‘Ode to My Father’ attracts a middle aged audience by focusing on the life of a father played by Hwang Jung-min, who lives for his family and sacrifices his life.

The movie brings the young generation in by portraying historical event from modern Korean history such as mine workers being dispatched to West Germany, the Vietnam War, and searching for dispersed family members, etc.

In addition, Chung Ju-yung, the founder of the Hyundai group, Singer Nam Jin and traditional Korean wrestling (Ssireum) player, Lee Man-gi appear in the movie.

238 Articles Found /19 Page

The 1st Korean Peninsula Forum
   11/17/2014  

Copyright © HHB Media LLC All rights reserved.