Koreans enjoyed ‘Korean Night’ watching Seattle Mariners play

Jay-Kwon Park 10/13/2015 02:52 Read : 2,168

The 29th ‘Korean Night’ held on August 7th hosted by the Hankook Ilbo-Seattle and the Seattle Mariners ended up being a great success.

Koreans received discounted tickets at less than half price and were able to see Korean’s all-time favorite player Shin Soo Chu as well as watch the Seattle Mariners come-from-behind victory against the Texas Rangers.

Koreans that came to the event said they were thrilled to see a Korean player play in the Major League, see a Korean throw the first ball, and also see Korean companies being advertised all over the stadium.

For the ‘Korean Night’ event, the Seattle Mariners assigned 600 seats to Koreans for a discounted price. The price of tickets went from $57 to $27 and from $30 to $12. The Hankook Ilbo planned this event, and the Hankook Ilbo stated they will negotiate with the Seattle Mariners to make sure more Koreans can get tickets to enjoy future games.

Officials from the Seattle Mariners also stated that “ the ‘Korean Night’ was the only event among many events held by different minority groups when more than a few hundred people participated. We will also try to come up with new and better events to make sure Koreans who come to enjoy the ‘Korean Night’ can have an even better experience with us.”

Mike Yoon, the CEO of Better Properties, was selected as the first ball thrower for the game. During his interview, he mentioned “I was honored to throw the first ball of the game on such a great event. I was so proud of the fact that I am a Korean-American. I also felt that the Korean community has stepped up its game on in the US.”

As a special event, raffle tickets were given to every Korean who came to the game. The lucky winner who received a plane ticket to Korea was Susana Moon from Bellevue. She is a big fan of the Seattle Mariners who com out and stated that “I’ve been a fan of Seattle Mariners for a long time and also never missed out on any ‘Korean Night’ event. I think this year’s event will be unforgettable.”

238 Articles Found /16 Page

“It is time to vote"
   10/16/2015  

Copyright © HHB Media LLC All rights reserved.